World Future Energy Summit is the world’s most influential event dedicated to advancing future energy, energy efficiency, and clean technology.
WFES 2016 is expected to attract more than 30,000 attendees from 170 countries, and 650 exhibiting companies from more than 40 countries. The WFES Conference Programme will invite some of the world’s most influential energy leaders to the stage to discuss the challenges and opportunities facing the renewable energy sector.
The 2016 edition will host new and expanded show areas, including WFES Solar Expo for solar technology, Sustainable Transport Zone for fuel-efficient vehicles across land, sea, and air.
Now in it’s 9th year The World Future Energy Summit has proven to be the Middle East’s and Sub Saharan’s Annual meeting place and leading forum for energy, renewables and sustainability professionals looking to gain premium market exposure, develop new business contacts and gain first-hand knowledge on upcoming strategies, trends, solutions and regulatory changes across the Energy Sector.
The event is hosted and organised by Masdar (the Abu Dhabi government entity pioneering the advancement of clean energy implementation and adoption across the globe) and the centrepiece of Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week. World Future Energy Summit cultivates a much-needed dialogue between critical stakeholders, from Heads of States, Governments, Academia and the Business and Financial communities.
In 2015, the conference was addressed by over 150 Speakers, Heads of States and Ministers who shared their visions and discussed the most critical issues surrounding the future of energy in front of over 2,000 conference attendees from over 50 countries.
New business potential – From energy access initiatives and energy efficiency programmes to the latest technologies, WFES is the leading showcase of business opportunities created by the global drive for climate action.
Low carbon investment strategies – Hear some of the world’s key energy stakeholders explain the strategic choices behind the shift from conventional fuels to renewables.
Unrivalled investment and project intelligence – Our tailored, market-specific sessions designed for investors and developers will highlight new project opportunities in Egypt, India, South Africa and the UAE.
New funding insights – Get the detail behind the new funding solutions that will accelerate renewable energy deployment over the next decade.
Global best practice – See the latest best practice case studies from the clean energy markets of the USA and Europe covering subjects as diverse as energy storage and energy efficiency.
- COP 21 de-briefing from the leaders of the successful team of COP 21
- Towards decarbonization and climate resilience
- The future of global energy in a low hydrocarbon price environment
- Breakthrough technologies to watch
- Energy trends and economic outlook
- Financing the future of energy
- Ministerial Interview
- Opportunities in Egyptian energy markets – a five year focus
- Ministerial Interviews
- Lessons from South Africa
- Global update on renewable energy and relevance to the MENA region
- Experience from the EU lab: energy storage
- City-wide energy efficiency: putting plans into action
- Perspectives for renewables and gas in the energy mix
- Building the utility provider of tomorrow
- Accelerating progress to a low carbon future
- Investment and market opportunities: Pakistan in focus
- The next phase of renewable energy: an insight into ‘hot’ markets
- New projects in the MENA solar sector
- Investment opportunities: Renewables in India
- Global acceleration of Carbon Capture Utilisation & Storage (CCUS)
- Turning country pledges on wind power into investment projections
- Distributed power and off-grid solutions in the MEA power market
- Sustainability’s role in ‘big’ business
- Paving the way to electrified road transport: GCC regional perspective
- Energy efficiency: Hybridisation and integration of solar technologies
- Climate Change and the UAE – charting a way forward after Paris COP21