Waterpower week in Washington provides three great conferences into one! IMREC, METS, and NHA’s Annual Conference have teamed up to give you a 3-day jam packed event to network and discuss about policy change and government affairs. Keep up with all the news in the hydro and marine industry in this all-in-one event. The event highlights perspectives on the role of hydro, explores issues affecting hydro and marine resources, and helps participants develop a future game plan to meet challenges and ensure the future sustainability of the hydro and marine industry.
Take part in conference sessions tailored to legislation, procedures, and topics to see in the year 2017 when it comes to innovation in marine and hydro. Earn professional development hours to improve your position within your company or to put on your resume for developing your own career. Enjoy high quality plenary sessions that have the top hydro influencers speaking about hot topics in the industry. With over 30 sessions and over 300 speakers jam packed into 3 days, you don’t want to miss this!
Enjoy co-located events that are designed to help with niche markets and to ensure that your company exceeds beyond the traditional aspect of hydro. Mingle and discuss with the DOE and other government officials to make sure that your voice is heard on laws regarding the hydro and marine industry. Waterpower Week also showcases table top displayers, to help better fit your product and service needs. See some of the newest products on the market in the both hydro and the wave energy industry, or be a participant yourself and get your ideas and innovations out there in front of the decision makers that matter.
Benefits of attending the event:
- Build strong relationships between professionals, law makers and water resource stakeholders.
- Attend many different networking events to make a further connection with colleagues
- Share knowledge, expertise and viewpoints toward effective solutions in the nation’s capitol
- Gain a better understanding of current and future challenges affecting hydro during the 30 exciting conference sessions
- Earn 14 Professional Development Hour (PDH) credits if registered to any of the three events– attendees registered to any of the three events are eligible to receive 14 professional development hours.
As hydro and marine power gain momentum in the search for clean, renewable energy, Waterpower Week in Washington continues to be premier event for professionals to network, share best practices and learn the latest legislation developments in this industry. You don’t want to miss this event!
- 50 GW by 2050: The Vision – Hydropower’s Resurgence
- Hydropower: Meeting at the Intersection of the Energy-Water Nexus
- It’s Happening! The Big Picture of the Marine Energy Market on the Move
- NHA’s Relicensing Summit – Results and Next Steps
- 50 GW by 2050: Valuing Hydropower – Moving the Needle
- Pumped Storage as an Energy Storage Solution – Getting the Message Out
- Making Marine Energy Great – What’s in Store for the Future?
- Workforce Retention: Strategies for Investing in Today’s Employees for Tomorrow’s Success
- 50 GW by 2050: Achieving the Vision – Getting the Regulatory Policies Right!
- Transformative Technology Innovation: Celebrating Progress, Continuing the Discussion
- Perceptions on Dam Safety: A Discussion after Oroville
- 50 GW by 2050: Exploring New Hydro Tech to Enable Growth
- Tribal Interests and Hydropower: Partnerships for Success
- Learning from Colleagues – Inside the Heads of the Wave Energy Prize Finalists
- Re-thinking Mitigation: New Policies and New Questions
- 50 GW by 2050: Communicating the Vision – How to Make the It Work for You
- In Pursuit of Revenue Generation … Exploring Alternative Markets
- Looking through Your ‘Transition’ Lenses: Ensuring Successful New License Compliance
- Hydraulic Power Committee (HPC) Annual Spring Meeting – open to all attendees