This year’s Southeast Asian Natural Resources and Environmental Management conference carries the theme: Sustainable Development towards Better Quality of Life.
SANREM 2017 provides an excellent international forum covering a wide range of topics that relate to natural resources, sustainable development, and environmental management issues.
- Applied Mathematics and Statistics in Natural Resources
- Biodiversity and Ecosystem
- Clean Technology
- Climate Change and Atmospheric Pollution
- Environmental Ethics and Education
- Environmental Law, Policy, and Strategies
- Environmental Management
- Environmental Modelling
- Environmental Monitoring
- Environmental Risk and Hazards
- Green Building Design
- Green Renewable Energy
- IT and Environmental Management
- Mineral Resources and Management
- Natural Products and Environment
- Socioeconomy and Sustainable Development
- Solid Wastes and Pollution Control
- Water Resources and Management
Given various global, regional, and domestic environmental problems, environmental security has climbed up the policy agenda to a position of major importance in Southeast Asia. However, differences in the conceptions of sustainable development in policy actions to tackle their environmental problems have created a huge impact on natural resources. In this context, it is necessary that consideration of environmental management in this region are broadened to encompass the dimensions of harmonization between human beings and nature, between environmental technology and nature conservation, and between material and green lifestyles.
Although there are well known principles of good environmental quality management, the real world is much more complicated than any principle would suggest. The 1st, 2nd and 3rd SANREM conferences that were held in 2002, 2006, and 2010 respectively have put forward many new ideas and realities about the issues of sustainable development and environmental management, particularly in the context of Southeast Asia. The upcoming 4th Southeast Asian Conference on Natural Resources and Environmental Management (SANREM 2017) is designed to strengthen the existing platform and stimulate future collaboration in this field in order to sustain and adapt to our delicate and changing environment.
SANREM 2017 is a premier meeting in the heart of Southeast Asia to provide opportunities for scientists to meet and discuss their latest findings and developments in a wide range of multi-disciplinary topics that relate to natural resources, sustainable development, and environmental management issues as well as the processes involved, environmental responses and feedback, and the use of various approaches and tools to investigate environmental changes and impacts. SANREM 2017 will also explore and create ideas and innovations in research and identify future environmental issues.
- To discuss the potential natural resources of Southeast Asia
- To discuss the problems, prospects, and new development in environmental management in Southeast Asia
- To provide opportunities for experts, academicians, policy makers, and others to share their experiences on the exploitation of natural resources and environmental management and their technologies