Ontario’s Largest and Most Influential Solar Energy Conference
- Pre Conference Workshop
- The Long Term Outlook for Solar in Ontario
- Regional Power System Planning
- Reflections on and Next Steps for Large Renewable Procurement (LRP)
- Reflections on and Next Steps for FIT and microFIT
- Capacity Markets and Auctions, Ancillary Benefits and Environmental Attributes
- Awards Gala
Pre Conference Workshop
“Ensuring Success Behind-the-Meter” is a half-day workshop that will examine the critical policy design and implementation issues for solar companies participating in the future behind-the-meter generation market (with and without storage) to determine what factors will ultimately affect the scale and pace of development of this market sector. The afternoon will be divided into three interactive sections each led by an expert facilitator on customer, utilities and business model considerations. This session will be invaluable for all professionals intending to participate in any manner in the net-metering based business in addition to policy-makers, regulators, utilities and other stakeholders.
- Behind-the-Meter Jurisdictional Scan and Options for Ontario
- Assessing and Understanding Customer Suitability
- Role and Perspective of the Electricity Distributor
- Evolving the Solar Business Model
Join us on May 16th for an evening of unlike any other awards gala. Yes, we hand out awards but you will be entertained along the way! The Game Changer Awards recognize the excellence of the many individuals and organizations that have helped the solar energy industry mature by pursuing the path that will lead us to an even brighter future.
Attending this gala will give you the opportunity to network with professionals who have made a difference in this industry.
We are recognizing individuals in the following categories:
- Solar Industry Leader – Recognizes an individual whose leadership has inspired the growth and development of the solar industry in Canada. The recipient is honoured for leading by example, demonstrating long-term thinking and a win/win attitude.
- Emerging Solar Leader – Presented to a student or recent graduate (age 30 – 35) who demonstrates leadership in promoting the adoption of solar energy.
- President’s Solar Award – Recognizes an individual’s volunteer efforts in making a difference. Awarded at the discretion of the President (no nominations).
- WIRE Women of Distinction Award – Nominations will be accepted directly through WIRE (Women in Renewable Energy). The Women in Renewable Energy (WiRE) Solar Power Woman of Distinction award highlights and celebrates the influence and impact of extraordinary women in Canadian solar industries.
Categories for Corporate Awards include:
- Solar Adopter – Recognizes a corporation from outside the solar supply-chain whose commitment to solar energy is fostering sustainable awareness practices for itself, its suppliers and its customers.
- Project Finance Innovation – The declining cost of solar installations, globally, is being driven in large part by the availability of low-cost financing. This award will recognize creativity and innovation in Canadian solar energy project financing.
- Community/First Nations’ Solar Project – Community and First Nations’ solar projects serve as natural showcases for solar energy, benefitting both the local populace and the wider environment. This award will recognize the commitment and excellence by community and First Nations groups that choose to make a difference with solar.
- Solar Service Excellence – Recognizes service excellence in the delivery of support services to the solar sector from any of the engineering, construction, legal, accounting, banking and financial service industries, with an emphasis on cost efficiency, ethical practice and/or health and safety excellence.
- Solar Thermal Project of the Year – Awarded to the Institutional, Commercial or Industrial (ICI) solar thermal project that, either through high visibility, meaningful stakeholder engagement or innovative features has helped the solar thermal industry become mainstream.
- Solar PV Project of the Year – Awarded to the Institutional, Commercial or Industrial (ICI) solar PV project that, either through high visibility, meaningful stakeholder engagement or innovative features, has helped the solar PV industry become mainstream.
- Solar Developer – Recognizes excellence in the responsible development of projects through such practices as meaningful stakeholder engagement, strong project management, predicted output and project returns.
- Smart Energy Management – Solar energy is playing an increasingly pivotal role in comprehensive approaches to energy management. This award will recognize successful efforts to integrate solar into a holistic energy management environment.