Enter a workspace that’s aware of you as an individual – whether you’re an employee, partner, customer, or supplier; a work place that remembers your preferences for light, temperature, and room type. Discover the latest technology innovations impacting the corporate real estate industry. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn from and network with representatives from companies and organizations nationwide that are involved in development of the latest technologies in constructing and managing offices of the future.
Smart Commercial Buildings creates a meeting place for many sectors of the commercial real estate industry. The conference attracts executive decision-makers who are seeking to advance their knowledge of the latest business solutions, innovations, and technologies. The aim is to bring together the most important aspects of the “Intelligent Building” including the traditional building automation topics such as HVAC while focusing also on the latest innovations and effective building operations technologies.
Cybersecurity issues and trends for the future will also be introduced to the audience. Embrace this opportunity to network and meet visionary industry leaders who share the common goal of promoting the use of technology to improve how we design, build, lease, automate, and manage commercial property.
Next Generation Corporate Real Estate – New Designs and Retrofits:
- How to design and how to redesign – Latest software to design Smart building – Building Information Modeling (BIM model)
- Creativity and Excellence in design – pioneering new trends in building performance and sustainability – creating workplace for the future
- Best practice – sustainability retrofits for corporate buildings – example of economic and environmental revitalization
Cyber Security and Agility – a must in Smart Commercial Buildings:
- Cyber protection of building automation systems – fundamental requirement for all building and energy management systems
- Latest trends in cyber security
- Future belongs to more agile applications – integrated, mobile, and responsive in real time to changes in the market, business, and user needs
Tools for Energy Efficient and Sustainable Intelligent Buildings:
- Learn how to manage multiple commercial sites efficiently and optimize operations
- Examining automated and adjustable control of lighting, HVAC, blinds, security and evacuation systems across multiple locations
- Improving wireless coverage and capacity inside buildings
- Zero Net Energy building controls
- How to transform utility bill data into a powerful tool to achieve your energy goals
- Real-time monitoring through thermostats, motion and solar sensors, security, energy usage and more
Real Estate and Corporate IT Management Solutions:
- Learn about the best practices of comprehensive corporate real estate information management systems
- Training and attracting tech talent to operate smart commercial buildings
- Internet of Things (IoT) as a tool to manage buildings
National Renewable Energy Laboratory Tour
Smart Commercial Buildings will feature an exclusive tour of the National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL focuses on creative answers to today’s energy challenges. From breakthroughs in fundamental science to new clean technologies to integrated energy systems that power our lives, NREL researchers are transforming the way the nation and the world use energy. Take the opportunity to participate the exclusive tour of the Research Support Facility (RSF), and the Energy Systems Integration Facility (ESIF).
The Research Support Facility (RSF) is the nation’s largest ultra-energy efficient building and a prototype for the commercial building industry. The RSF is designed to use 50% less energy than conventional office space built to code at a comparable cost. Design features include passive energy strategies and renewable energy technologies. The Energy Systems Integration Facility (ESIF) is central to the future of NREL and the nation. It will resolve issues associated with transforming the electrical grid and adding new renewable energy generation systems, reducing the risks of new technology adoption. NREL is a closed site, advanced registration for the tour is required.