Following the incredible success of Sardinia 2015 / Arts Edition, which saw the participation of 732 delegates from more than 70 different countries from all the continents, we are proud to announce the 30th Anniversary of Sardinia Symposia, the reference forum for the international community since 1987.
Sardinia Symposium 2017 promises to be the most international and largest event of the year in the field of Waste Management and Landfilling. In line with tradition, the 16th edition of the conference will focus on advances of Waste Management science and technologies, presenting case studies and discussing key controversial subjects, sharing experiences from different countries, and assessing social and economical balances.
The conference will include oral sessions and specialised workshops for a total of eight parallel tracks, parallel events, practical design workshops, business to business meetings, discussion forums, a continuously accessible poster area, and a wide exhibition space for companies working in the field of Waste Management. Prior to the start of the Symposium, training courses will be offered by IWWG.
Sardinia is unique in that almost all delegates stay within the premises of the Forte Village resort, where comfortable facilities and the frequency of meeting colleagues from all over the world, offer a great opportunity for networking.
The Sardinia scientific programme will be enriched by an exciting evening events calendar, including music shows, guided tours, sport activities, gala dinner, and more.
The following topics, among others, will be extensively discussed:
- Waste management policy and strategies
- Need for appropriate and updated legislation
- Public concern and education
- WM assessment and decision tools
- Producer responsability
- WM solutions for large cities
- Waste transport and collection
- Waste minimization and avoidance: large scale implementation
- Circular economy and realistic approach
- Final sink for residual waste
- Link between production and recycling operators
- Biological treatment and energy production
- Advances in composting and anaerobic technologies
- Biofuels from waste
- Thermal treatment and advanced technologies
- Sanitary landfilling
- Technologies (pre- and in situ treatment) for landfill sustainability
- Landfill mining
- Long term fate of landfill structures: rethinking the design
- Integrated wastewater and solid waste management
- WM and climate change
- Contaminants fate in materials recycling
- Nanotechnologies issues in WM
- Plastics littering: biodegradable plastics is the solution
- WM in developing and low income countries
- Design workshops for sustainable WM
Eurowaste Srl was founded to manage communication and educational tools in connection with research activities performed in the field of environmental engineering by the University of Padova. Over time it has become a service agency that works in national and international context in the scientific events organization. Its activities is addressed to the entire Scientific Community in order to support it in conceiving and organising congress, symposia, meetings, workshops and all kind of events.