Mastering Renewable and Alternative Energies 2017 is designed to provide clear, independent and business-focused guidance on market opportunity and risk to those deploying, investing in, or regulating renewable power projects.
The course is presented in language suited to non-engineering commercial executives and investors, so no prior knowledge is assumed or required. Presented throughout in an interactive and market-focused way, the course connects the multiple market environment factors that need to align in order that renewable power can scale up and integrate: from the business, system and policy environment to the project development processes, finances, risks and returns.
Over 4 days, attendees will be led from the global picture and trends through to the variables impacting the success (or failure) of individual projects and the integration of large amounts of renewable energy into individual power markets. This market analysis approach recognizes that the sustainable growth of any renewable power business requires the balancing of interconnected and potentially conflicting requirements, including reliable service, investor returns and public / political acceptance.
Key Learning Objectives
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the competitive dynamics, market environments, project risk factors and integration challenges associated with the large-scale transition to renewable power
- Understand the key market and business environment requirements for the sustained growth of renewable power
- Examine the development process, investment requirements and economic risks and returns for renewable power projects
- Review current and emerging solutions to large-scale renewable power integration
- Develop an integrated approach to combining financial, technological and socioeconomic factors in renewable power market analysis
- Converse with project partners, suppliers or investors
- Know what to look for when evaluating long-term, sustainable renewable power market opportunities
- Identify key investment, project development and policy risks
- Learn how to identify, analyze and critique competing market solutions
- The Growth and Status of Renewable Power
- The Role of Renewables in the Power Generation Mix
- The Impact of Renewables on Electricity Costs and Prices
- Introducing Key Energy Mix and Market Analysis Factors
- Renewable Power Business Case Variables
- Attracting Investment, and the Costs of Finance
- Regulatory Impacts and Policy Risks
- Illustrating the Key Variables in Competitive Bidding
- Project Phases and Key Contracts
- Resource Risks in Renewable Energy
- Reviewing other Project Development and Risk Specifics: (i) Solar and Wind
- Reviewing other Project Development and Risk Specifics: (ii) Geothermal and Biopower
- Impacts of Renewable Power within Grid Systems
- Electricity Storage and the Alternatives
- Socioeconomic Considerations in Renewable Power Growth
- The policymaker’s dilemma and the challenges of balancing different aspects of the market environment
- Transitioning to 100% Renewable Power
Infocus International Group (IIG) is a global business intelligence provider of strategic information and professional services for diverse business communities, designed to provide insights and to assist our clients on the global stage. Our training division provides extensive training programs throughout the continents ranging from Finance, Energy, Telecoms & IT, Retail, Marketing, Human Resource, Infrastructure, Mining, and Safety. These programmes are delivered by leading industry practitioners and field experts in a choice of layouts such as workshops, and in-house programmes.