POWER-GEN & DistribuTECH Africa, will once again provide comprehensive coverage of the power needs, resources, and issues facing the electricity generation industries across sub-Saharan Africa.
As Africa’s power requirements expand in line with rapid growth and development throughout the continent, there continues to be a driving need for more widespread, reliable, and sustainable electricity.
The event brings together ministerial and government officials, academics, executives, and professionals from government utilities and municipalities and private enterprise from sub-Saharan Africa and around the world to exchange views, discuss experiences, and learn new ways to expand and strengthen the power industry across the many countries of Africa.
There is no better time than now to attend POWER-GEN & DistribuTECH Africa and get involved in the exciting Africa market.
The power sector in sub-Saharan Africa offers a unique combination of transformative potential and attractive investment opportunities.
The United Nations “Sustainable Energy for All” initiative has attracted more than $120 billion in commitments for the sector in Africa.
The development of an environment more conducive to the growth of an IPP industry is already beginning to take shape and bodes well for the future.
Economic growth in sub-Saharan Africa has exceeded 5% a year for more than a decade. As such, Africa remains firmly on the radar of major investors, with significant funding coming through from big multinationals.
POWER-GEN & DistribuTECH Africa targets those who work in:
- Utility and private power sectors
- Commercial personnel from the equipment manufacturing and consulting fields
- Professionals from utilities and energy intensive industries with responsibility for ensuring power supply
- Officials and ministers from the national and regional political spheres who are tasked with energy policy
Over the course of 3 days, POWER-GEN & DistribuTECH Africa 2016 will feature:
- 40+ conference sessions as part of a multi-track conference programme
- 145+ eminent international speakers from around the world
- Hot topic presentations and panel discussions
- Guided technical tours
- 100+ leading exhibitors from the region and world-wide showcasing their latest technologies
- Informative training workshops
Sub-Saharan Africa Focus
- POWER-GEN & DistribuTECH Africa focuses on sub-Sahara Africa, the area of the continent of Africa that lies south of the Sahara Desert, comprising a total of 48 countries with a combined population of 800 million
- Power consumption, at 124 kilowatt hours per capita per year and falling, is only a tenth of that found elsewhere in the developing world, barely enough to power one 100-watt light bulb per person for three hours a day
- Meeting the continent’s power demands is now more important than ever before. With an investment of around $450 billion needed in Africa’s power infrastructure to reduce power outages and reach the 600 million sub-Saharan Africans who do not have access to electricity, collaboration and integration are going to be crucial
- POWER-GEN & DistribuTECH Africa will explore issues relating to channeling spending towards infrastructure investment and other development needs, safeguarding social safety nets to encourage more inclusive growth, and improving the business climate
What Makes The Event Special?
POWER-GEN & DitribuTECH Africa is already making a statement in the industry and is:
- Set to become sub-Saharan Africa’s premier and leading event dedicated to the power generation industry, focusing on the current and future trends, needs, and resources within this region of the world
- An outstanding opportunity to reach and meet over 3,000 high-level industry professionals in one place at one time, allowing networking, business, and sales opportunities with key industry buyers and influencers from around the globe
- Organized by PennWell, the worlds leading event organizer and publisher in the power industry. The experience and knowledge that PennWell commands will ensure that POWER-GEN & DistribuTECH Africa continues to grow and become the regions premier industry event.