Evaluating Energy Storage At The Economic And Technical Level
The Energy Storage Reality Check Masterclass will enable the audience to:
- Evaluate different energy storage technologies
- Identify profitable niches for storage
- Learn how to set up a business case for storage based on past experiences
Energy Storage Reality Check
- Examining technology deployment trends
- Evaluating results to date within real life deployments
- Did energy storage work? When and where?
Explaining And Evaluating Different Energy Storage Technologies
- Chemical – Electrochemical – Electrical – Thermal – Mechanical Energy Storage
- Which criteria to follow and for which applications?
- Which KPIs are essential to compare technologies?
How To Use The Latest Standards When Deciding An Energy Storage Technology
- Identifying the latest standards
- Which standard makes it easier to buy a battery. How to use such standard?
Choosing The Ideal Mix Of Energy Storage Technologies That Will Optimise The Cost To Benefit Ratio For Utilities/TSOs/DSOs and EPCs
- How to structure the service models so both the utility and the end-users can benefit from it?
- Advantages and disadvantages of different technologies
Evaluating Batteries By Defining Their True Value And Lifetime
- Real life experience of battery degradation
How To Operate, Maintain And Regulate The Service
- What is the experience so far and what are the lessons learnt?
- What are the safety and risk measures?
- How to protect the privacy of the storage system?
Battery Power As A Service: What Would Be The Proposition To The Customer And How To Value Different Risks?
- How can we stack benefits so that utilities and consumers can use the asset for maximum potential and get the best value
How Can Energy Storage Projects And Deployments Be Made Attractive To An Investor? Overcoming the uncertainty of the storage systems to achieve frequency control and stabilization, by explaining the following factors:
- The legal requirements
- The correct battery capacity
- The needed financial model
How Do We Clearly Quantify And Communicate The Benefits Of Energy Storage Systems To End Users?
Evaluating The Strategic Differences Between The Virtual Power Plant And The Utility Storage System
- Which one is better and when?
- How can we combine these two solutions to one?
- Are the batteries the only solution or should we combine different solutions such as DSM, Frequency Regulation, or reduction of grid charges.
Redesigning The Power System (Energy Market, Frequency Regulation, Capacity Market) By Taking Into Account New Technologies
- How to make the link between what the technology can do and what the power system needs
- How can we think outside of the current market design and regulation?
- How to be able to identify the obstacles in the current market design and regulation which are preventing to capture all the benefits proposed by energy storage
Designing An Energy Storage System With The Optimum Battery Capacity And Achieving Financial ROI
- How to properly input and design a storage system that will achieve an optimum point of the battery life expectancy.
- What are the engineering issues for the inverter
- What are the main parameters that must be considered in order to achieve optimum design
Procurement Strategies, What Worked Well And Did Not Work Well – How To Structure And Advertise For A Tender Effectively