The Lighting Tech Egypt conference will bring together senior representatives from government ministries, lighting designers, engineering contractors, and developers to discuss the latest smart, sustainable, and cost-effective solutions for Egypt’s developing public realm.
Lighting Tech Egypt will focus on reducing energy expenditure for both indoor and outdoor lighting systems as well as examining the benefits of new light sources. New technologies such as Organic Light Emitting Diodes (OLED) and Fibre optics will be discussed for their potential energy saving benefits and the conference will also draw on strategies for utilizing natural daylight in interiors.
Egypt presents a wealth of opportunity for the international lighting industry, with developers such as SODIC, Qatari Diar, Palm Hills all constructing major mixed use developments across Egypt. The ‘Citygate’ project is being developed by Qatari Diar and is expected to be completed by 2020. CityGate will be a self-sustained city with various sizes of villas and apartments viewing the golf course, green spaces, and parks. Meanwhile, SODIC (Sixth October Development and Investment Company ) are developing West Town and East Town as well as a new 30 acre project in 6th October City. The Eastown project, part of SODIC East is set to become the new vibrant hub of the East Cairo district.
Also under construction is the ‘New Capital Cairo’, the proposed new capital of Egypt. The New Capital Cairo will cost approximately US$45 billion US dollars to develop and will be comprised of 21 residential districts, a theme park, and 490km2 land available for future development.
Top Reasons To Attend
- NETWORK with key officials and peers and understand the requirements of current and upcoming projects in Egypt
- DISCOVER new opportunities and determine where your services and solutions could be utilized
- LEARN about the latest developments and explore current trends informing the construction industry in Egypt
- GAIN competitive advantage and understand how to position your organization to take advantage of ongoing opportunities
- PARTICIPATE in discussions on the advancements of Lighting solutions and technologies
- Developing Egypt’s sustainable future: An update on energy saving initiatives by the New Urban Communities Authority
- Lighting efficiency on the ‘Green Tourism’ agenda
- Public lighting management systems and tunnel control systems
- Reducing the running cost of LED street lighting using a Photo Voltaic System
- Improving lighting efficiency
- Strategies for illuminating highways using high mast lighting solutions
- Safety margin recommendations for lighting poles
- Applying regional sustainable lighting trends in Egypt: “characteristics and challenges”
- Providing sustainable lighting solutions for Egypt’s residential areas: Pilot project by the EEHC (Egyptian Electricity Holding Company)
- Illumination of Multilevel Parking Structures with LED luminaires – Design, specifications and controls
- Traffic Tunnels Daytime lighting with LED Luminaires – Design, specifications, controls