March 20 to 22, 2017 - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Mastering the legal and commercial framework, contract negotiation, financing, risk, and contractor relationship complexities of upstream and downstream EPC projects.
Today, Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) projects are uniquely challenging. Parties currently involved in large complex and fast-track EPC projects frequently suffer financial loss that could have been mitigated by effective contract management. Appropriate practical “know-how” of EPC contracts will improve your ability to take appropriate steps, or to obtain necessary advice, to minimise or manage such risks.
This intensive workshop provides valuable insight into the rapidly evolving world of EPC contracts. EPC Contracts for Energy Industry has been designed specifically for the professionals and management of energy industries throughout Asia and will be of particular interest to those with current or planned projects in Asia Pacific, Middle East, Africa, Europe and the CIS.
You will analyse an EPC contract, clause by clause, focusing on your challenges in international and domestic projects. This unique interactive master class discusses the key issues in EPC contracts which are relevant for lenders, sponsors and borrowers in international construction projects and the keys to deliver successful projects.
- Global and local legal and commercial framework in Asia, Middle East, Africa, Europe and the CIS
- Contract negotiation best practices
- Tips on contractual risk mitigation
- Contract financing and project structuring
- Contractor relationship management
- Clause-by-clause discussion based on an actual contract precedent
Key Learning Objectives
- UNDERSTAND the current finance market for EPC contracts
- MANAGE legal risks and environment for EPC contracts in the region
- DISCOVER alternative procurement options for projects and the risks and opportunities associated with these options
- DISTINGUISH new and effective contract negotiation strategies
- ANALYSE the types of claims that may be made under EPC contracts and develop strategies to manage these claims
- GAIN INSIGHTS into the best current dispute resolution options and the risks and costs associated with each option
- Module 1: Legal Framework of EPC Contracts
- Module 2: Tips on Contractual Risk Allocation and Mitigation Strategies
- Module 3: Review of the Contract Manager Role on Major Energy Sector Construction Contracts
- Module 4: Financing EPC Energy Projects and Project Structuring
- Module 5: Discussion on Split EPC Contracts, EPCM Contracts and Multi-Prime
- Module 6: Managing EPC Contracts for Successful Oil and Gas Projects
- Module 7: EPC Contract Negotiation and Administration
- Module 8: Developing an Advanced Dispute Resolution Strategy
- Practical Exercise: Drafting Dispute Resolution Clauses
- Module 9: Managing Project Delay and Claims
- Case Study: Letter writing workshop
- Module 10: Local Law Issues in South East Asia
- Case Study: Major Energy Sector Construction Contracts and Special Considerations
- Module 11: Contracting and Subcontracting Strategies to Deliver a Successful EPC Project in the Oil, Gas & Power Industry
- Interactive Group Discussion
- Module 12: Managing Contractor Relationships for Long-Term Success and Efficiency
- Group Discussion: Clause-by-clause Discussion Based on an Actual Contract Precedent
Upon the successful completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion bearing the signatures from both the Course Director and the Course Organiser. This Certificate will testify your endeavour and serve towards your professional advancement.