The Sustainable Energy & Technology Asia exhibition and conference has been developed specifically for international, governmental, and industry discussions and collaboration on developing sustainable energy policies for the region’s future economic development.
The theme of this inaugural event is Securing Asia’s Energy Future. With Asia’s booming demand for energy, the region’s energy industries have become the focus for raising environmental concerns. Investment and expansion of the alternative and renewable energy sector needs to be the primary source of future energy demands.
Sustainable Energy & Technology Asia is set to become the leading annual meeting place for the energy industry to discuss the latest sustainable energy issues and industry challenges, as well as highlight the latest technologies and solutions available to meet these challenges.
For any company involved in the power industry, from equipment manufacturer and product supply to service or solutions provider, SETA 2016 is the premier marketing platform to reach and meet key decision makers and influencers and the opportunity to showcase your products/services to a key industry professionals.
- 2,500+ visitors and delegates from the power, energy, technology, utility, and transport industries
- 300+ high-level executives and decision makers
- 300+ facilitated one-to-one meetings and business matching
- 50+ industry leading expert speakers
- 20+ hours of networking
- 4 conferences tracks
- Integrated exhibition
Thailand has the second highest primary energy demand in the ASEAN region and energy consumption is set to jump by 75% over the coming two decades as the economy expands and a more affluent society takes to the roads in increasing numbers.
The Alternative Energy Development Plan states 25% of energy consumption needs to come from alternative energy sources by 2021, placing increased pressure of the development of credible policies and incentives to ensure targets are met.
These challenges are not unique to Thailand, which has seen energy demand in Southeast Asia expand two-and-a- half-times since 1990. Malaysia has seen an increase in energy consumption of more than 20% in recent years, Cambodia and Myanmar over 10%, and Indonesia and Vietnam nearly 10%.
Energy policy across Southeast Asia varies considerably, reflecting differences in political direction, economic development, and natural resource endowments.
Despite investment in the ASEAN Power Grid and Trans-ASEAN Gas Pipeline Project, benefits of increased market competition, lowered consumer prices, and increased energy security have not materialised. Additional action is required to ensure the lights stay on, the regions economies are able to flourish, whilst ensuring the ever increasing demand for energy remains affordable.
Technologies will become the main driver in enabling countries, government, the utilities, companies, and consumers in achieving these goals, for keeping costs down and energy prices under control.
Governments, energy companies, and the transport sector — from mass transport to motor vehicle manufacturers — need to work harder toward developing plans and implementing technologies to deliver a greener, more efficient, and more sustainable energy future.
Who Will Attend the Conference?
Top executives and decision-makers from private and government sectors, energy suppliers, leading power and utility companies etc., from across Asia will come together in Bangkok, Thailand to discuss, share experiences, and collaborate on Securing Asia’s Energy Future.
- High-level Executives
- Managing Directors
- Chief Managers
SETA 2016 offers a platform to meet and exchange ideas about sustainable energy and technology, addressing a range of critically important themes, including:
Energy Policy, Management & Services
- Infrastructure policy
- Renewable Energy Market and Policies
Electricity Generation & Distribution/ Energy Consumption & Energy Efficiency
- Electricity Generation, Transmission, Distribution & Storage
- Solar Photovoltaic , Solar Thermal and Applications
- Wind Energy Resources and Technology Applications
- Biomass Energy Resources and Technology Applications
- Hydro Power Development
- Fossils Fuels, Gasification & Advanced Coal-fired Power Plants
- Nuclear Energy (Passive Nuclear Power Plant,small modular reactor)
- Smart Grids and Applications
- Technologies for Renewable Energy Integration
- Energy Saving & Efficiency
- Demand Side Management and Responses
- Investments in Energy Efficiency
- Lifestyle and consumption behaviors
Transportation &Alternative Fuels
- Hydrogen & Fuel Cell Vehicles
- Batteries Development
- Ethanol & Biodiesel for Transportation
- Electric Vehicles and Infrastructure
- Logistic Management (maritime,aviation,land transports)
- Public Transportations and Infrastructure
- Low Carbon Transport
Green City & Local Energy Management
- Green Building Technologies & Total Solutions
- Energy Infrastructure
- Water & Wastewater
- Consulting Management & Design Services
- Mini and micro hydro
- Low carbon Energy
For anyone involved in the power industry, from policymaker and operator, equipment manufacturer and product supply to service or solutions provider, Sustainable Energy & Technology Asia 2016 is the premier platform to meet key industry professionals for great networking and information sharing opportunities. Show activities will include:
- Welcome Reception
- Business Matching Program
- Workshop (supported by APEC)
- Technical Visits