This event has passed. You can find current and upcoming events on our Renewable Energy Conferences and Expos page.
January 25 & 26, 2016 - Amman, Jordan
Jordan has made impressive progresses in implementing its national renewable energy strategy, which is underpinned by a supportive regulatory framework, a defined project pipeline and funding assistance from the GCC countries. In 2012, the government introduced regulations paving the way for solar net-metering, under which Jordanians can sell electricity produced by solar energy at a rate of 125 fils per kilowatt hour ($A0.22kw/h).
By the end of February 2015, the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources received wind project proposals of round one of the tender with a total capacity of about 250MW and solar projects of the second round, with a total capacity of 200MW.
Energy Insight is proud to be an official media partner for this event.
Solar & Wind Projects Jordan 2016 will gather Jordan’s leading government representatives, investors, developers, consultants, EPC contractors, financiers, legal firms and technology providers to discuss future plans, regulatory updates, procurement models and construction strategies to deliver solar and wind projects leading up to 2020.
Top Reasons to Attend
- NETWORK with key officials and peers and understand the requirements of current and upcoming projects in Jordan
- DISCOVER new opportunities and determine where your services and solutions could be utilized
- LEARN about the latest developments and explore current trends informing the solar and wind industry in Jordan
- GAIN competitive advantage and understand how to position your organization to take advantage of ongoing opportunities
- PARTICIPATE in discussions on the advancements of solar and wind solutions and technologies
Who You Will Meet
Solar & Wind Projects Jordan is a unique platform for all those concerned with energy efficiency and sustainability in Jordan. This highly focused gathering provides the ideal platform to stay up to date on industry trends and lucrative business opportunities.
- Government representatives
- Energy transmission and distribution companies
- Solar and Wind consultancies and analysts
- Overview on Jordan’s solar capacity and current projects
- Case study: solar developer’s perspective on the current status of solar energy
- Industry panel: current challenges for local and international solar developers
- Overview on Jordan’s wind capacity and current projects
- Solar and wind best practices and case studies from Jordan
- Case study: National Energy Research Center’s update on the pilot 1MW CSP project to be implemented to produce power to feed into the grid
- Showcasing the latest technology for solar and wind energy plants
- Case study: JWPC and NERC’s update on the Tafila wind farm project
- Site visit to Tafila Wind Farm: on site presentation on the construction, operation and maintenance of a 117 MW wind farm and associated facilities.
- Challenges from the wind market: tackling Jordan’s capability- expectation gap
- Update on the developments of the Shamsuna project by the National Electric Power Company
- Complying to legal framework and current challenges in Jordan
- Challenges from the solar market: tackling Jordan’s capability- expectation gap
- Financiers panel: current solar investment strategies for Jordan
- Transmission companies’ panel: current status of energy transmission for solar and wind energy
- Training workshop on legal requirements on the regulatory framework
Learn more with Sustainable Power Technologies and Infrastructure: Energy Sustainability and Prosperity in a Time of Climate Change from Amazon.