This event has passed. You can find current and upcoming events on our Renewable Energy Conferences and Expos page.
March 25 to 27, 2015 - Panama City, Panama
The Central American solar market is being hailed as the fastest growing solar market of 2014, with an $800 million pipeline over the next 5 years and is aiming to have 2.5 gigawatts of solar energy in place over the next 5 years.
Green Power Conferences, the market leader in renewable energy platforms in Latin America, is bringing its extensive expertise to the region to address the business development needs of its key solar partners. Crafting a detailed and market driven congress takes time and GPC has been researching the Central America solar market for the last six months to really understand the obstacles that developers are facing and provide real answers to real issues for the key solar stakeholders in the region.
With local knowledge being key for developing in the region, the congress will provide senior level networking to build upon bi-lateral agreements between international and local organisations.
This event will focus on:
- Costa Rica
- El Salvador
What can you expect at SPG Central America 2015?
- Exciting NEW format – designed to enhance your knowledge of the region and its opportunities, aid your business development and expand your local network in Central America. Project your company at the forefront of this industry!
- With developers facing the challenge of finding suitable financing for new projects you can delve into the different financing options available, with leaders such as OPIC, IFC, BCIE & Global Bank detailing their criteria for securing funding.
- 101 of attaining bankable PPA’s – The important features of bankable PPA’s in order to obtain finance
- Workshop – Doing business in Central America, the WHO, the HOW, the WHERE, the WHY
The event will bring together leading representatives from:
- Local & International Developers
- Ministry of Energy; Panama, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Honduras & Guatemala
- Local installers & distributors
- Leading vendors from across the solar supply chain and more…
2015 Confirmed Speakers
- Camilo Patrigiani, CEO, Greenwood Energy (International)
- Fredy Nasser, CEO, Grupo Terra (Honduras)
- Natalie Alvarado, President, ACESOLAR (Costa Rica)
- Lyn Tabernacki, Managing Director, OPIC (International)
- Ivan Barría Mock, General Director, ETESA (Panama)
- Edgar Ugalde Soley, Executive Director, Sibo Solar Energy (Costa Rica)
- Dana Younger, Chief Renewable Energy Specialist, IFC (International)
- Adrian Kafe, Director, Renewables, LUFUSSA (Honduras)
- Fernando Oroxom, Commercial Director, Duke Energy (Guatemala)
- Vladimir Delagneau, President, Tecnosol (Nicaragua)
- Sergio Perez, COO, AES El Salvador (El Salvador)
- Roberto Meana Melendez, General Adminsitrator, ASEP (Panama)
- Ludwing M. Valdéz Grande, President, SIEPAC (Regional)
- Borja Prado Eulate, Chairman, Endesa (Regional)
Learn more with Diffusion of Renewable Energy Technologies: Private Sector Perspectives on Emerging Markets from Amazon.