Building on last year’s success, Solar & Off-grid Renewables West Africa offers a sophisticated and highly focused conference that gathers the key regional and international players of the solar industry. The 5th African event transcends borders and has a distinctive West African focus with attention to the opportunities and barriers that are encountered by the solar industry of each country. With approximately 58MW of solar installed in West Africa so far, market analysis suggests that in the next 2 years the installed capacity may increase exponentially, going past 400MW. The aim of the conference is to aid in speeding up the uptake of solar in West Africa, while facilitating business opportunities for attendees.
Benefits of Attending
Government attendance: Meet ministers and regulators responsible for future energy planning from ECOWAS governments, as well as other African countries such as Kenya and Equatorial Guinea.
Current project developers: Hear case studies from respected developers with a proven track record in the industry and learn from their experience. The agenda includes developers from throughout West Africa working on projects varying from 20Mw to 130Mw.
Save money & time: Learn from other people’s mistakes and get the right information before you start your West African venture.
Meet international financiers: Hear directly about what kind of projects will get backed from development banks, commercial banks, export credit agencies, venture capitalists, and insurance companies.
Equipment experts: Learn what hardware is best for each situation and understand how technological innovations could help your off-grid and grid connected projects.
International government trade agencies: Hear about on-going initiatives to drive forward solar development in Africa and beyond.
Local transmission and distribution experts: How will utility-scale solar projects gain access to the grid?
End-Users: Listen to case studies of how end users from different industries have benefited by incorporating solar in their energy mix. Case studies will be included from the mining, manufacturing, and construction sectors.
High-level attendees: Network with a powerful selection of Government Ministers, Chief Executive Officers, Managing Directors, and other senior representatives meeting to do business.
- Renewable energy policy in Ghana: Accelerating solar deployment
- The future of solar renewables within ECOWAS
- The current state of the Ghana Grid
- The Nigerian solar market- opportunities for investment
- Grid developments in Nigerian Federal States
- The achievements of Ivory Coast’s regional power trading
- The case for renewables in Senegal
- Manufacturing PV in the local market
- Renewables’ controllability for enhanced grid stability
- Opportunities for solar energy trade in West Africa
- Research Initiatives on Solar PV Reliability in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Building a scalable PV plant in Ghana
- Selling to the commercial and industrial clients
- Opportunities in the building market
- Rooftop Solar PV, a Smart Solution to Off-Grid Energy Mix in Ghana
- The Tunisian experience of rural electrification: from 6% to 100%
- Power Africa Initiative
- Working with FMO to finance projects
- Working in West Africa: tips for new market entrants
- Tackling Ghana’s energy challenge for rural, off-grid homes
- Case study: 50MW AC ground mounted solar installation in Bole, NW Ghana
- Update from IRENA – International Renewable Energy Agency
- Providing access to power for under-served communities
- Microgrids: unlocking decentralised growth
- Micro-grids: the disruptive technology that will allow solar to flourish?
- Energy storage solutions for off-grid, weak-grid and on-grid applications
- Building a strong, local industry around solar projects
Learn more with Lighting the World: Transforming our Energy Future by Bringing Electricity to Everyone from Amazon.