Renowned for providing up-to-date information about the latest technological developments in the power industry, POWER-GEN Middle East is a must attend event for professionals and decision makers in the power industry. This premier event not only provides the gateway to establishing a strong market presence in the region, but enables the chance to hear about exciting new developments as growth and vitality in the Middle East continues to soar in response to increasing demand and rapid industrial developments which has positioned the Middle East region as one of the most dynamic power sectors in the world.
Attracting delegates and attendees from 69 countries across the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) and around the world, this high-quality event is the industry’s leading platform to meet and network with senior executive and industry leaders. If you work in the power industry or supply products or services to the power generation industry in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region, then POWER-GEN Middle East is essential to reaching influential and major players.
The MENA region is experiencing marked increases in energy and electricity demand associated with strong demographic growth, urbanization, expanding economy, and growing energy intensity, as well as high temperatures and scarce water. The Middle East population is expected to grow by 31% by 2025 while GDP is predicted to rise by 4.3% by 2020. Such rapid population growth—especially in urban centers—paired with economic expansion and urbanization, means greater demands are continuously being placed on the electric generation networks of the Middle East and North Africa (MENA).
The event is critical to discussions about how GCC countries can meet the estimated 6% to 10% annual surge in demand for power, which is around 8GW of additional capacity. GCC countries are projected to invest more than $300 billion in some 20 energy projects by 2020.
- Co-located with WaterWorld Middle East to provide a comprehensive power and water event all under one roof
- World-Class Conference featuring presentations, case studies, and panel discussions presented by over 150 eminent speakers and chairs representing more than 20 countries
- Diverse Exhibition showcasing the latest innovative and cutting-edge products and equipment by leading regional and international companies
- Insightful Technical Tours
Quick Event Stats
- 3,200 attendees
- 79 countries represented overall – 66% MENA, 19% Europe, 8% Australasia, 6% North America, 1% Africa, 0.2% Latin America
- 119 speakers & chairs from 20 countries
- 106 exhibitors from 30 countries showcasing the very latest innovative and pioneering design solutions and technologies
- 20 conference sessions covering everything from planning UAE’s power and water future to developing MENA’s changing fuel landscape and independent power & water projects along with fuel flexibility, as well as improving plant and power system efficiency and plant technology case studies, etc
POWER-GEN Middle East provides an excellent opportunity to:
- Raise your company profile
- Launch new technologies
- Increase awareness about your products and equipment
- Reach out to many industry professionals in one place at the same time
- Network with key industry buyers and influencers from around the globe
POWER-GEN Middle East 2015 is expected to attract over 3,000 attendees (visitors and delegates) from all sectors spanning the power industry including:
- Power Generation Companies
- Electric Utilities
- Engineering Companies
- Consulting Firms
- Financial and Investment Firms
- Government Local/State/Federal Energy Companies
- Construction and Maintenance Contractors
- Fuel Suppliers
- Independent Power Producers
- Industrial and Cogeneration Firms
- Original Equipment Manufacturers
- Power Industry Consultants
- Coal, Oil, and Gas Operating Companies
- Equipment Operations and Maintenance
Learn more with Managing the Transition: Renewable Energy and Innovation Policies in the UAE and Algeria from Amazon.