Running under the theme of “Mining & Energy on the Growth Path to Support and Grow the Zambian Economy” once again ZIMEC 2016 is expected to attract extensive industry and public sector participation. ZIMEC 2016 will provide a platform for attendees to face the challenges of falling commodity prices, changing regulatory environment, and finding sustainable ways to cut operational costs for existing projects.
Why attend ZIMEC 2016?
- Unique platform for mining and energy companies looking to secure investment
- Gain insights on projects
- Share experiences and best practices
- Discover solutions and strategies to help cut costs
- Meet new and credible project partners while reinforcing existing relations
The 6th Power & Electricity Conference & Exhibition will continue to be the strategic platform to exchange views and discuss issues pertinent to the progress and development of Zambia’s mining and energy sector.
- Zambia’s fiscal and economic development plans: Perspective from the Ministry of Finance
- Insights on the risks and rewards on Zambia’s mining and energy investment from the Leading MDBs
- Pipelinew of power generation projects: Perspectives and insights from ZESCO
- Solar Plans: Clean & Green: Plans to increase solar power capacity: Senior representative ERB
- Development plans and perspectives from Zambia’s leading IPP: Senior representative CEC
- Funding for renewable energy projects: Senior representative IRENA
- Reducing energy operational costs by 10% – Optimizing air and ventilation systems
- Waste heat to Power – Designing a WHP system to produce 32 MW of reliable electricity on a 300,000 tons of copper anodes per year smelter
- Doing more with less: Increasing efficiency and productivity
- Global executive key note address: Achieving Energy Security in Zambia
- Hon M. Christopher Yaluma, Minister of Mines, Energy & Water Development, Republic of Zambia
- Maureen Jangulo Dlamini, CEO, Zambia Chamber of Mines
- Steven Din, CEO, Konkola Copper Mines Plc
- Scott Lowe, CEO, Intrepid Mines Zambia
- Johan Jansen, CEO, Mopani Copper Mines Zambia
- Siforiano S Banda, Head, Zambia Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
- Vincent Nyirenda, Director, Copperbelt Energy Corporation
- Matt Pascall, Director of Operations, First Quantum Minerals
- Bestty Phiri, Director Strategy and Corporate Services, Managing Director, ZESCO
- Michael Phiri, Partner, KPMG
Learn more with The Great Transition: Shifting from Fossil Fuels to Solar and Wind Energy from Amazon.