This event has passed. You can find current and upcoming events on our Renewable Energy Conferences and Expos page.
June 23 & 24, 2016 - Lusaka, Republic of Zambia
Running under the theme of “Mining & Energy on the Growth Path to Support and Grow the Zambian Economy” once again ZIMEC 2016 is expected to attract extensive industry and public sector participation. ZIMEC 2016 will provide a platform for attendees to face the challenges of falling commodity prices, changing regulatory environment, and finding sustainable ways to cut operational costs for existing projects.
Why attend ZIMEC 2016?
The 6th Power & Electricity Conference & Exhibition will continue to be the strategic platform to exchange views and discuss issues pertinent to the progress and development of Zambia’s mining and energy sector.
- Zambia’s fiscal and economic development plans: Perspective from the Ministry of Finance
- Insights on the risks and rewards on Zambia’s mining and energy investment from the Leading MDBs
- Pipelinew of power generation projects: Perspectives and insights from ZESCO
- Solar Plans: Clean & Green: Plans to increase solar power capacity: Senior representative ERB
- Development plans and perspectives from Zambia’s leading IPP: Senior representative CEC
- Funding for renewable energy projects: Senior representative IRENA
- Reducing energy operational costs by 10% – Optimizing air and ventilation systems
- Waste heat to Power – Designing a WHP system to produce 32 MW of reliable electricity on a 300,000 tons of copper anodes per year smelter
- Doing more with less: Increasing efficiency and productivity
- Global executive key note address: Achieving Energy Security in Zambia
- Hon M. Christopher Yaluma, Minister of Mines, Energy & Water Development, Republic of Zambia
- Maureen Jangulo Dlamini, CEO, Zambia Chamber of Mines
- Steven Din, CEO, Konkola Copper Mines Plc
- Scott Lowe, CEO, Intrepid Mines Zambia
- Johan Jansen, CEO, Mopani Copper Mines Zambia
- Siforiano S Banda, Head, Zambia Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
- Vincent Nyirenda, Director, Copperbelt Energy Corporation
- Matt Pascall, Director of Operations, First Quantum Minerals
- Bestty Phiri, Director Strategy and Corporate Services, Managing Director, ZESCO
- Michael Phiri, Partner, KPMG
Learn more with The Great Transition: Shifting from Fossil Fuels to Solar and Wind Energy from Amazon.