The LightingTech Egypt conference will gather key government officials, lighting industry experts, construction professionals and solution providers to learn about the upcoming projects, regulations, standards, discuss the needs and requirements for the lighting industry to achieve energy efficiency and ease the electricity load in Egypt.
The latest technology advancements will be showcased, along with the very latest project case studies, demonstrating best practice implementation to answer the specific requirements and challenges in Egypt.
In April 2015, a project (valued at US$268.2 million) was announced by the Minster of Electricity to replace 3.89 million street lamp bulbs with energy-efficient ones and is slated to be completed in 28 months. The objective of the energy-efficient street lighting will save Egypt US$191.52 million annually.
Egypt has more than 10 million streetlights, which use up around six per cent of the country’s electricity. These typically use sodium, mercury vapour, and incandescent lamps. Replacing all of these lights is estimated to cost nearly US$725 million and the cost has prompted the Ministry of Electricity to consider other ways to make public lighting more efficient.
Top Reasons to Attend
- NETWORK with key officials and peers and understand the requirements of current and upcoming projects in Egypt
- DISCOVER new opportunities and determine where your services and solutions could be utilized
- LEARN about the latest developments and explore current trends informing the construction industry in Qatar
- GAIN competitive advantage and understand how to position your organization to take advantage of ongoing opportunities
- PARTICIPATE in discussions on the advancements of Lighting solutions and technologies
Who You Will Meet
LightingTech Egypt is a unique platform for all those concerned with energy efficiency and sustainability in Egypt. This highly focused gathering provides the ideal platform to stay up to date on industry trends and lucrative business opportunities.
- Key Government Officials
- International Decision-Makers
- Lighting Designers
- Interior Designers
- Light and Electrical Planners
- Design Consultants
- Electrical Engineers
- Property Developers
- Lead Contractors and Consultants
- Construction Companies
- MEP Consultants and Contractors
- Overview on Egypt’s lighting and electrical requirements
- Update on energy efficiency regulations by the New & Renewable Energy Authority (NREA)
- Overview on the work by the Egyptian Electric Utility and Consumer Protection Regulatory Agency
- Overview on the current projects implemented by the New Urban Communities Authority
- Opportunities and plans for energy efficiency in the Egyptian power sector
- Overview on the work carried out by the Housing & Building National Research Center
- Lighting technology in action- Best practices
- A case study from Emaar’s Mivida Project on residential outdoor and indoor lighting
- Lighting technology within the developing world
- The Grand Egyptian Museum: lighting design of an architectural masterpiece
- Overview on trends in lighting and standardization by the Egyptian Organization for Standardization
- Benefits of adopting solar cubes for outdoor lighting
- Latest technological advancements to reduce lighting pollution globally
- Overview of Energy Efficiency Initiatives in Egypt by the United Nations Development Programme- GEF
- Public Realm Lighting – where aesthetics meets efficiency. A case study on ‘The Beach’ in Dubai
- Sustainable lighting solutions for road lighting: a case study from a developing country
- LED lighting standardization in Egypt: overview of best practices
- Lighting application and simulation softwares used in master planning to achieve cost efficiency and sustainability
- Industry panel discussion: lighting challenges in Egypt and future resolutions to reduce energy demand by 2020
- Training workshop on lighting software for lighting designers
Learn more with LED Lighting: Technology and Perception from Amazon.