HydroTech Albania will provide a platform to exchange information and the opportunity for both the potential and existing investors and the investment community to meet and network in a 5 star environment. It is intended to support hydro development in Albania, to increase foreign direct investment and aid further privatisation of the hydro power industry.
While the event will be showcasing many technology providers it will also be content driven and will address the key issues the hydro energy industry is facing today in Albania, including the main drivers: reducing CO2, increasing energy security, enabling access to affordable financing, reducing production costs and alleviating poverty in rural areas.
Albania has a liberalized economic framework and conditions for doing business and attracting FDI are improving constantly. In Albania, building new power generation capacities and transmission lines to support its future energy needs and to export is a government priority. According to Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Partnership (REEEP) the country has only exploited 35% of the total potential. Total hydropower reserves are estimated at around 3,000 MW. Potential annual generation may reach up to 16.000 GWh.
Furthermore, the Albanian electricity system relies almost entirely on hydro to cover its electricity demand with 1.7 GW of hydropower capacity installed, according to information from the Energy Community.
The HydroTech Albania 2016 conference and exhibition will host major developers, ministries, investors, lawyers, energy regulatory agencies, energy traders, utilities, and technology companies.
Whether you are launching a new product, building your brand awareness, successfully targeting new customers, or cementing existing relationships with clients HydroTech Albania 2016 is ideal to assist you in successful reaching these objectives.
Who Will Attend
- Energy market regulator
- Energy utilities
- Hydro projects EPCs and developers
- Finance porviers for hydro projects
- OEM for hydro projects
- Service providers
- A fully packed programme of high profile speakers
- Excellent networking with the who’s who of the regional and international hydro energy industry
- Technology update in the exhibition area
- Extensive finance advice on developing commercially profitable hydro energy projects with case studies
- Learn about local hydro energy development and profitability
- Hear from and meet in person over 100 top hydro energy experts
- Assessment of the future energy sector in Albania – where will we be in 2020.
- Hydro energy market of Albania from the regulatory point of view.
- Learn from the past – case studies on recent development of existing hydro projects in Albania and the Balkans.
- New Projects in Albania I: Case studies and technical aspects of developing new hydro projects in Albania – Excellence in turnkey project delivery.
- The environment and hydro-power installations – how to plan, build and work with local communities – experts debate.
- Hydropower resource assessment in Albania: estimating the risk and real costs of projects.
- Financing hydro energy projects in Albania: understanding the lender approach and requirements to secure your project finance.
- Protecting the generated power – managing distribution lines to curb power piracy.
- Fast-tracking Albania to become renewable energy leader – experts debate.
Learn more about hydropower with Hydropower: Types, Development Strategies and Environmental Impacts from Amazon.