EnergyNet will host the Egypt Energy Investment Summit in Cairo in February 2016. The Summit will bring together the world’s leading power developers, investors and technology and solution providers to discuss capacity building within Egypt’s industrial communities, creating a dynamic platform for the accelerated development of Egypt’s energy sector.
This pragmatic summit will enable companies from across the world to explore the opportunity in Egypt’s energy and power sectors, with a focus on private sector development and investment realisation.
Why now? Over the last five years, Egypt has changed considerably – both politically and in regards to its energy needs. The success of the government to initiate its investment strategy has been both swift and effective.
It is therefore critical for investors to understand from the government the priority focus of investment, and the longer term guarantees being provided to protect international investment.
No previous forum will have provided such a focused platform for investment generation into Egypt, re-igniting the success of its industrial sectors and contributing significantly to employment and energy access for all Egyptians.
What’s happening in the sector? With a chronic electricity supply shortage, Egypt is in desperate need of additional generation capacity of 13 GW to meet soaring domestic power demands over the next five years.
Considering its vast array of natural resources the country is poised to become one of Africa’s leading renewable energy markets; the solar PV and wind markets are estimated to each grow to around 2 to 3 GW over the next 5 years.
The country has a goal of increasing its share of new & renewable energy to 20% by 2020, and is also seeking to diversify its energy mix by using coal to fuel power plants. As a result, the Egyptian government is ready to explore partnerships with international investors and developers who can contribute to making these energy goals a reality.
Investor confidence is growing following the success of renewable energy tenders earlier this year, and boosted by an investment of US$17 billion into the country’s oil & gas sector by foreign oil companies.
- EnergyNet brings to Egypt a host of established financiers and developers working in Africa’s energy sector, so you can be sure to connect with only the most credible partners during this two-day meeting.
- Participate in a focused, investment-level platform to explore opportunities to develop Egypt’s power and industrial sectors
- Discuss insights with investors and public sector leaders to gain a genuine overview of the landscape for investment in 2015
- Egypt Power Project Show Case – detailed case studies will explore the critical success factors in getting projects off the ground, and what the major trends will be in the energy sector over the next 5-10 years
- Network with leading power developers, investors and technology and solution providers at a business development lunch, coffee break or champagne reception
- The world largest investment forum for Africa’s power sector, the Africa Energy Forum’s Egypt session this year proved overwhelmingly popular – participate in our first meeting in North Africa to take advantage of EnergyNet’s global network of African focused investors and developers
- The Public -Private Sector Investor Relationship – Returning Egypt to ‘Power’
- Egypt’s Renewable Energy Revolution
- Egypt’s Gas Sector: New Aspirations
- Financing Egypt’s Energy and Industrial Expansion
- Power To Drive Egypt’s Economic and Social Development
Contact Alexandra Cianciara of EnergyNet at +44 207 384 7936 or firstname.lastname@example.org and register with promo code EIEgypt10 to receive a 10% discount off the normal conference price, compliments of Energy Insight!
Learn more with The Integration of Renewable Energies into the Electricity Systems of North Africa from Amazon.