Operational, Risk and HSE Considerations for Biomass Generation and Co-Firing
Biomass generation offers a compelling alternative to traditional fossil fuel generation, and those operators who manage O&M, HSE, and risk most efficiently can reap the commercial rewards.
The Biomass Generation Forum is designed to bring operators together to assess a range of operational, strategic and technical themes for existing biomass and co-firing plants. Our operationally focussed agenda will feature presentations from a range of biomass plant operators, plus technical subject matter experts, who will equip you with lessons learned and knowledge that you can implement in your organisation.
The format of this event is designed to offer a blend of real life experiences and information exchange, with round table discussions, presentations followed by extended Q&A sessions and networking. Hosted by an experienced thought leader, there will be plenty of opportunities for extended discussion and Q&A to complement user case studies.
Whether you operate, or are considering, co-firing or a dedicated biomass site large or small, you will find wide ranging content, networking, benchmarking and learning opportunities designed to help you improve your plant’s operational performance. There is no better opportunity to join in an informal and interactive environment, designed to maximise learning, discussion and networking.
Who Should Attend?
With a round table set up, designed to facilitate interaction and networking, The Biomass Generation Forum will provide you with the right platform to hear how users are enhancing O&M, improving HSE and risk management, managing performance, and more. The event will be of interest to the following functions from biomass plant operators across Europe, and beyond:
- Plant Managers
- Operations Managers
- Maintenance Managers
- Engineering Managers
- HSE Managers
- Asset Risk Managers
- Combustion Engineering
- Production Managers
- Outage Managers
- Biomass Procurement
Top 5 Reasons to Attend
- Profit from a highly interactive forum layout designed to stimulate open discussion and exchange of knowledge between the presenters and the audience
- Regulatory and expert technical presentations will complement user case studies, allowing you to hear considered expert insight
- Operator led case studies will share experience in operational, HSE and risk related aspects of biomass generation and co-firing – regardless of your asset, you will find high level content and benchmarking opportunities
- Undiluted face-to-face interaction with industry leaders and experts. Meet with like-minded peers, share best practice and take away key learnings that you can implement into your own operations.
- Become part of an international biomass generation community – share, learn and engage!
- Management of Operational Risk under Tough Market Conditions
- Understanding, Controlling and Managing Operational and Health and Safety Risks for Smaller Biomass Plants
- Optimisation of Biomass CHP Performance – Financial and Environmental
- Improving Plant Availability through Minimising the Impact of Boiler Fouling and Corrosion
- The Challenge of Conversion and the Process of Integration with New Equipment and Existing Fire Protection and Detection Systems
- A High Level Overview of Policy Changes in the Renewables Obligation (RO) and Their Impact on Biomass Generation
- Disposal and Uses of Ash Resulting from Biomass Combustion
- Insurance Industry Perspective on Biomass Risk
- 800 MW Ultra Super Critical Coal – ENGIE’s Biomass Fired Power Plant of ENGIE in Rotterdam
- Värtan CHP 8 – Fortum Värmes’ Road to Zero Emission