With plans to replace two thirds of coal-generated electricity with approximately 4,200 MW of renewables generation, Alberta represents a significant new market opportunity for renewables that will require C$30–C$50 billion of private investment.
Saskatchewan has also set an ambitious target for up to 50 percent of power from renewables by 2030 with plans to initiate competitive bids this year.
Following 6 years of the essential annual Ontario FIT Forum, Canadian Clean Energy Conferences has developed the Alberta & Saskatchewan Renewable Energy Finance Summit to will bring together all the key government and system operator representatives with renewables lenders, developers and suppliers for two-days of networking and critical market updates this June 2-3 in Calgary.
Critical Reasons to Attend
- Gain critical updates on renewables procurements and competitive bids from Alberta and Saskatchewan
- Benefit from leading lenders’ views on financing a competitive bid in a merchant market
- Understand how project developers are evolving their strategies for these key markets
- Learn how US jurisdictions can inform renewables program success in Alberta
- Hear the next steps in SaskPower’s competitive bids for renewables generation
- Build your network of renewables decision-makers in government, finance, IPP and supply sectors
- Renewables Procurement under Alberta’s Climate Strategy
- Policy and Procurement Q&A – Interact with Alberta’s Key Decision-Makers
- Financing New Renewables Generation in a Merchant Market
- New Business Opportunities in Alberta: What do Developers Think?
- Lessons Learned from Renewables Procurement in Energy Only Markets
- Equity Leaders: Key Concerns and Opportunities in Alberta
- Manufacturers Perspectives on New Project Opportunities in Alberta & Saskatchewan
- Financing Utility-Scale Solar Projects in Alberta and Saskatchewan
- Critical Updates on SaskPower’s Renewables Procurement Plans
- Q&A with Saskatchewan’s Key Renewable Energy Decision-Makers
- Financing New Renewables Projects in Saskatchewan
- Developers Views on Procurement Plans and the Business Outlook in Saskatchewan