The Africa Energy Forum: Off the Grid will focus on project opportunities for mini and off grid technology providers working in Africa’s energy space.
This year’s Africa Energy Forum, the most established investment-level conference for Africa’s power sector, saw an increased appetite for off grid projects, and this meeting has therefore been developed to address this appetite by bringing together financers, technology providers and regional leaders in a focused discussion forum.
The Summit will bring together ministries of energy, rural electrification agencies, philanthropic business foundations, banks, regulatory bodies, multilateral organisations and off grid businesses to discuss topical issues concerning rolling out off-grid projects across Africa.
The Off the Grid Summit will be closed by a ‘Festival of Energy’ which will take place on the afternoon of Friday 9th December. The festival will feature ‘stalls’ showcasing off grid and mini grid technologies and innovations and will also feature local Tanzanian musicians and artists.
Africa Energy Summit: Off the Grid will focus on:
- Financing of Mini Grid and Off Grid (de risking)
- Regulatory framework across Africa
- Creation of one business model to work across the continent
- Utilities- role in this conversation
- Presentations- projects and sites which have been developed for off grid and mini grid development
- Festival looking at off grid and mini grid technologies and featuring music of local artists
- Participate in a truly pan-African meeting- focused solely on Off Grid and Mini Grid solutions and getting them to market
- An opportunity to hear directly from the Africa’s Energy Regulatory Authorities and Rural Electrification Authorities both of which are critical to Off the Grid development
- Exhibit your Off Grid or Mini Grid Solution in our dedicated ‘Off Grid Club’ exhibition area
- Hear directly from the Ministries of Energy on exactly where Mini Grid development sites are located
- Understand the financing options available for the Off Grid Sector
- Shape the discussion that will put in place regulatory policy frameworks for the Off the Grid sector
- Meet Regional leaders and decision makers who can take your off grid solution to market
- Network with Africa’s Off the Grid community
Off the Grid Club
EnergyNet recently launched the Off the Grid Club, a new membership programme developed to bring together credible off grid technology providers, financiers and regional leaders to invest in and develop reliable and scalable power solutions for Africa. The programme provides a platform for members to form partnerships, giving them the opportunity to scale up their products and bring them to market more quickly. We are currently looking to grow the members of the club to enhance our off grid community. To find out more or to become a member of the Club, please visit Off the Grid Club web site.