This event has passed. You can find current and upcoming events on our Renewable Energy Conferences and Expos page.
November 7 to 10, 2016 - Washington, DC, USA
Hosted by SGIP, the 2016 Grid Modernization Summit promises to be filled with the latest in grid modernization and networking opportunities for non-members, members, and guests to create connections, advance transformation, and share solutions.
With a speaker program composed of utility, vendor, and industry senior executives, FERC, government, regulators, national labs, and consultants, the 2016 Grid Modernization Summit’s theme is “Accelerating Transformation.”
- Like last year, the conference will include a wonderful combination of industry thought leadership and SGIP face-to-face committee and technical working group meetings, all open to members and non-members alike.
- There will be 1 ½ days of an executive forum on Tuesday and Wednesday Nov 8th and 9th followed by Working Group and Committee meetings on Wednesday and Thursday, Nov 9th and 10th.
- The Vendor Expo will be held on Tuesday and Wednesday Nov 8th and 9th with setup on Sunday and Monday Nov 6th and 7th. This is where our vendor, utility and technology partners will demonstrate the interoperability of grid devices and their progress on collaborative microgrid projects.
- The SGIP Annual Member and Board of Directors meeting will be held Monday afternoon, November 7th.
- The utility only Grid Management Working Group will also meet on Monday, November 7th from 8am to 5pm.
- Korean Smart Grid Association (KSGA) Working Group
- Grid Management Working Group
- SGIP Annual Members & Board Directors Meeting
- Managing Change with Distributed Resources
- Regulatory Policy & Distributed Energy Resources
- Grid Architecture in a Distributed World
- Managing Change in the New Energy Economy
- Department of Energy’s Grid Modernization Laboratory Consortium (GMLC)
- Intelligent Distribution – An Update from the Field
- Energy IoT – Moving from Millions to Billions to Trillions of Devices
- Smart Grid Cybersecurity
- Distributed, Renewables, Generation, and Storage DEWG (DRGS) and Microgrid Operational Interfaces
- Interoperability Requirements and Measurement
- Smart Grid Testing and Certification
- Smart Grid Architecture